AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Level 2) eLearning and Books (EC113860)
The AAT Certificate in Accounting Level 2 is the most sought-after AAT Qualification among students, and is the ideal certification for individuals looking to gain essential Accounting techniques and knowledge, to build a firm foundation in the Accountancy industry. This course has been developed to teach students a range of Accounting principles and techniques, from costing and double-entry bookkeeping to computerised accounting, as well as to build your skills in finance administration.
We are incredibly honoured to announce that we've been shortlisted for the ‘AAT Distance Learning Training Provider of the Year award 2020!'
Is this AAT Qualification for me?
This is the right course for you if you have a good grasp of English and Maths and want to work in an Accounting environment, or you already have the experience but lack the formal qualification. It is ideally suited to people who are new to Accounting or Finance and unqualified Accounting staff who want to enhance their foundation knowledge and skills. The Minimum Age to enrol on this course is 16 years - anyone under the age of 16 must have a form signed by a parent or guardian.
There are five elements to this qualification as follows:
- Unit 1 - Bookkeeping Transactions
- Unit 2 - Bookkeeping Controls
- Unit 3 - Elements of Costing
- Unit 4 - Using Accounting Software
- Unit 5 - The Synoptic assessment (incorporating Work Effectively in Accounting & Finance)
Each unit has its own exam, culminating in the Synoptic assessment, which is a test that implements the skills learned and putting that knowledge into practice. Once each element of the course has been completed you can use the AAT practice exams which are available on the AAT website.
How can I use this qualification to advance my career?
The course provides many different options for further study, as well as leading to employment.
Typical job roles at this level include:
- Accounts Administrator - £23k
- Payroll Administrator - £23k
- Purchase/Sales Ledger Clerk - £23k
- Accounts Payable Clerk - £24k
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Understanding an organisation’s cost recording system and using it to record or extract data
- Use of spreadsheets to convey information on actual and budgeted income and expenditure
- Entering data at the start of an accounting period to set up customer and supplier accounts in accounting software
- Recording and processing customer and supplier transactions
- Processing and using journals to enter accounting transactions
- Production of reports
- Understanding an organisation’s accounting or payroll function
- Maintaining and using control accounts and the journal
- Understanding the banking process and main services of banks and building societies
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- FREE AAT Membership worth £147 INCLUDED
- Study wherever you like at a time that suits with you with 24/7 access for 12 months.
- Course content is compatible with all devices.
- Tutor support is included for ease of learning.
- Sage 50 Accounts Professional software included (180 days).
- Gain 2 recognised certificates.
- AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Level 2).
- Sage 50 Accounting Software at Level 2 (issued by Sage).
- Technical support available 24 hours a day, Monday to Friday through the entirety of your course access.
- Study the industry recognised AAT syllabus and use it to give you the best possible start to your accounting career.
- 97% of full members would recommend the award-winning AAT.
- Self-paced study means you’re in total control of how quickly you progress.
- All course content is designed in collaboration with employers, drawing on the real-world skills they require from employees.
AAT Exams – Update
AAT exams and assessments are now open again from Monday 29th June 2020.
We're pleased to confirm that AAT assessments will be available again from Monday 29 June 2020, since their suspension due to Covid-19, on the 22nd March 2020.
Based on current information and guidance provided by the Government to help businesses get back on track, the AAT intends to make assessments available from 29th June 2020.
Social distancing guidance
The AAT expect all training providers and assessment venues to act responsibly and ensure they adhere to all government rules and guidelines in relation to social distancing when offering AAT assessments on site. We'll be providing more guidance around social distancing in the coming weeks.
Synoptic windows revised
Synoptic window dates have now been confirmed for the remainder of the year and include additional dates to help with planning and potential capacity issues due to social distancing restrictions. Full details can be found here.
In summary, these are:
Advanced Diploma in Accounting - Level 3 (Level 6 in Scotland) Synoptic
– week commencing 13 July, 20 July, 17 August, 14 September, 12 October, 7 December
Professional Diploma in Accounting - Level 4 (Level 8 in Scotland) Synoptic
– week commencing 6 July, 13 July, 24 August, 21 September, 19 October, 14 December
Level 2 synoptic assessments
In agreement with Ofqual, the UK qualifications regulator, the AAT has announced the intention to issue calculated results for eligible students studying the Foundation Certificate in Accounting - Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland) and Foundation Diploma in Accounting and Business (Level 2).
Results will be issued to students on 13 August and, because of this exercise, we are unable to make the Level 2 synoptic assessment available until after these results are released.
The next Level 2 synoptic window will start in the week commencing 17 August.
Full details on the revised synoptic windows can be found here.
There are 5 exams that you are required to sit and pass in order to gain your qualification:
- Bookkeeping Transactions (1 Hour 30 minutes)
- Bookkeeping Controls (1 Hour 30 minutes)
- Elements of Costing (1 Hour 30 minutes)
- Using Accounting Software (2 Hours)
- Foundation Certificate in Accounting Synoptic Test Assessment (2 Hours)
AAT courses are offered by e-Careers Ltd, an approved training provider