An Introduction to Conflict Management
No matter what kind of business you work in, there will always be issues within teams. Dealing with the ensuing conflicts is one of the biggest challenges of any managerial role. This great value, short online course is designed to help you deal with the inevitable conflicts you will be expected to resolve, calmly and efficiently.
What Will I Learn?
Not only will you learn what conflict is, you’ll come away from the lesson full of ideas and strategies for successfully dealing with the issues that arise in your team. You’ll also gain valuable insight into what causes conflict in the first place and how different personality types will potentially respond to difficult situations.
How Does it Work?
The online nature of the learning means there will be no conflict when it comes to fitting your study around your existing work commitments. The content is specially tailored to give you the best possible training in conflict management with practicality and interactivity at the heart of the experience.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through the comprehensive content to get competent and confident when it comes to resolving conflict.
- Explore the fact that once you are promoted to a position of responsibility, part of your role will involve identifying, managing and resolving conflict within the teams who report into you.
- Learn how to deal with the situation when you are faced with a conflict issue such as a difference of opinion between employees.
- Discover the different methods of conflict management and identify which approach will work best for you.
- Watch a ‘Conflict management’ slideshow on the Slide Share website before moving on to a slideshow looking at how common conflict is in the workplace and ideas for dealing with it.
- Read an article and watch a video on Forming, Storming, Norming and Performing: Understanding the Stages of Team Formation on the Mind Tools website.
- Further your knowledge with a presentation on conflict management.
- Gain an insight into good practice examples by watching a video entitled Four Tips for Managing Conflict.
- In the extended learning and independent study section, consolidate your knowledge with reading material on strategies to resolve conflict, cross cultural conflict resolution, the differences between arbitration and conciliation and more.
- Complete the multiple choice assessment to prove your new found skills in conflict resolution.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Technical support is on hand if you encounter problems.
- The lesson includes an activity sheet, allowing you to complete tasks before taking the final assessment.
- The combination of reading material, presentations, videos, activities and opportunities for further study means all learning styles are catered for and study is fun, practical and engaging.
- Access to the course is for 12 months on signing up.
- Not only is the ability to successfully resolve conflicts an in demand professional skill, it’s also incredibly useful in all areas of life.
Get confident resolving conflict today by signing up to An Introduction to Conflict Management.
This course is CACHE endorsed through Laser Learning, our official partner.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above