Accountancy & Bookkeeping Employability Package (EC112439)
Embrace some of the essential concepts that lie behind accounting and bookkeeping, and improve your knowledge and expertise of these core subjects that form the backbone of any business. Whether you’re a business owner, or are hoping to delve into the world of accounting as a career choice, the importance of accounting and bookkeeping is universal, and our range of comprehensive courses ensures that students can enjoy career progression at the click of a mouse.
Create a Bespoke Course Bucket
This comprehensive package of courses allows all students to create a tailormade curriculum that will focus on the skills that they need to hone, rather than teaching subject matter that is irrelevant to them. Bucket One focuses on some key skills that can play a pivotal role in any business, from how to use popular Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word and Excel to how to build a CV to be proud of. Meanwhile, Bucket Two includes some of our most popular courses which can be applied to the accounting and bookkeeping field, from basic accounting skills and spreadsheet production to the use of specialist applications like Sage and QuickBooks. As the student, you’ll choose what courses you go for, from each bucket.
Key Learning Points
Students will have the opportunity to choose courses from each bucket, depending on their learning journey goals.
Bucket 1: Choose to study any TWO courses from Bucket One, with a choice of:
- CV-Builder – Learn how to create a professional CV every time with the help of an interactive tool that can offer guidance and support at every step, including various templates and recommendations depending on particular job specifications.
- Computing Basics & Essentials - Set of 7 Interactive Courses – A collection of resources that cover seven essential computing tasks which are regularly used in a workplace, including the use of the Internet, email, and file management systems, as well as essential office skills such as word processing, database and presentation applications.
- Microsoft Excel 2013 – Get to grips with some of the functions of the latest version of this popular spreadsheet programme, from the simplest aspects including inputting data, to more complex features like macros and formulas.
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 – Understand more about this popular email application, from writing and sending emails to archiving and mail merges.
- Microsoft Word 2013 – Immerse yourself in some of the latest features of this revised version of Word, from formatting and digital signatures, to macro settings, comments and tracking changes.
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 – Create professional presentations to be proud of with the help of this in-depth course, that covers everything from basic PowerPoint skills to more complex features including embedding video and audio files, and adding animations.
- Business Essentials – Gain some valuable business knowledge, including advice on strategy, marketing and entrepreneurship, from this Dragons Den-affiliated course.
Bucket 2: Choose to study any ONE course from Bucket Two, with a choice of:
- Microsoft Office 2013 – Cover all the individual elements of the Office package, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. A great way to boost your core computer skills.
- Accounting and Bookkeeping, Essential Skills Course – Get to grips with three of the core subject areas which involve the separate entity account, the accounting equation and the dual effect of double entry transactions.
- Excel 2010 Introduction Course – Grasp some of the key features of this version of the popular spreadsheet application and learn how to create your own spreadsheets with confidence.
- Microsoft Excel 2010 Online Training – Composed of three sections that cover beginner, intermediate and advanced skills that are required for effective use of the Excel 2010 application.
- QuickBooks 2012 and 2013 Essentials Course – Number crunch like a pro by gaining a clear and concise understanding of the latest versions of QuickBooks, from customer invoices and payments to payroll and tax.
- SAGE 2014 – A Level 1 course that takes students through a variety of units that help them to understand how to use this bookkeeping application, including monthly routines and reports, sales order processing and VAT.
- Easy Type, Touch Typing – Learn how to use a keyboard through touch rather than sight, with particular attention paid to the QWERTY keyboard and numeric keypad.
Advantages of this course
- Flexible learning opportunities, through online delivery of the course content. Study around your existing home and work commitments, with no deadlines to adhere to.
- Resources are valid for a year, and can be accessed 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Technical support is also on hand, should you need it.
- Compatibility across a range of devices and operating systems, so you can study on the go.
- Tailor your own learning journey through accounting and bookkeeping, studying modules that fit your needs perfectly.
- Learn how to successfully do your own accounts as a business owner and save money.
- Add some essential bookkeeping and accounting skills to your CV and give future employers something to hire you for!
- Give your employer a reason to promote you, or start afresh in a new, exciting role that you’ve always dreamed of!
Precise accounting and bookkeeping helps a business to function smoothly. Improve your skills in these areas, by signing up to our course buckets today!
This package includes
LEADr Certificate in Commerciality
Computing Basics & Essentials - Set of 7 Interactive Courses
Microsoft Excel 2013
Microsoft Outlook 2013
Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
Microsoft Word 2013
Accounting and Bookkeeping, Essential Skills Course
Microsoft Excel 2010 - Introduction course
Microsoft Office 2013
Sage 50 Accounts 2014 - CPD Certified and Recognised by the IAB