Basic Life Support for Health and Care Professionals and Use of Automated External Defibrillators
Need to learn the basic skills necessary to perform CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) on an adult victim? This course is the ideal place to start learning the basic, most up-to-date skills required to deal with an unconscious casualty who is not breathing, using every vital link in the tried-and-tested chain of survival process.
Who is the Course For?
This course is ideal for anyone who needs to learn the important ability to perform CPR. However, it is specifically designed for GPs, practice and community nurses, trainee doctors, health visitors and other health professionals who may be required to perform CPR and operate an automatic external defibrillator in the course of their professional duties. All subscribers can rest assured that the course content is delivered in line with the very latest Resuscitation Council UK guidelines
How Will I Learn?
This easy-to-access online course comprises of two modules that you can revisit to refresh your knowledge whenever you need to. Although the course covers its subject thoroughly, it’s recommended that learners enhance their learning experience with a blended learning approach by also gaining hands-on experience with a mannequin.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Decisive, confident action can mean the difference between life and death in cardiac emergencies and this course will ensure health professionals are equipped with the confidence and skillset to act accordingly by gaining a thorough knowledge of the following sequential steps:
- Find out how to check for risks to the victim and also to yourself and any bystanders.
- Learn how to assess a victim as unresponsive.
- Acquire the skills necessary to open the airway.
- Learn how to establish the absence of normal breathing.
- Become confident in the process of alerting the ambulance service and calling for an automated external defibrillator.
- Find out how to perform chest compression and administer rescue breaths (ventilation).
- Become confident in maintaining CPR by using the correct ratio of chest compressions to rescue breaths.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Gain confidence and competence in one of the most important medical skills anyone can have, both at work and out and about in your free time.
- As a business, feel secure in the knowledge that all your medical staff have the most up-to-date training as approved by the RCUK in 2015.
- Build on the expertise learned in the modules by using your new found skill set on a mannequin, to gain crucial hands-on CPR practice.
- Revisit the course any time you want to, to refresh your knowledge on this crucial and potentially life-saving skill.
- Extend your knowledge by progressing to the Use of Automated External Defibrillators course that is included in this great-value package.
- Prove your CPR know-how by downloading the Basic Life Support certificate when you have successfully completed the course.
No one ever wants to be in a situation where they have to use the skills learned in Basic Life Support and Use of Automatic External Defibrillator, but should the necessity arise, this course equips health professionals to do so with both skill and confidence.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) 2015
- CPR Course Test
- Automated External Defibrillators
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|