CompTIA IT Fundamentals Training & Exam
CompTIA IT Fundamentals is the only basic level exam in the CompTIA series and this course provides all the information you need to fully prepare for a first time exam pass. CompTIA IT Fundamentals is the ideal skills foundation for those considering a career in IT and related positions. It’s also the ideal starting point for individuals wishing to take further CompTIA courses and exams of a Professional, Master and Speciality level.
What Is CompTIA?
CompTIA stands for the Computing Technology Industry Association – a well respected trade association issuing professional certifications for the IT industry. It’s an IT qualification that’s well recognised by employers and will prove a valuable addition to any CV.
What Will I Learn?
This course covers a range of IT topics, from networking and cyber security essentials to hardware and software basics. Completion will lead to a solid understanding of the technology concepts and practices used by organisations, and the course is carefully mapped to the relevant CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam.
Where Do I Sit My Exam?
This exam voucher is valid for one year. When you feel ready to sit the exam you need to register with Pearson VUE and find a test centre near you. There are test centres across the UK so you’re sure to find a convenient option. Then simply schedule your exam for a time and date that suits you. You can also reschedule and cancel exams using the Pearson VUE account online.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through seven in-depth lessons to build a solid foundation of understanding in CompTIA.
- Learn to identify computer hardware including types of devices, internal components, connectors and peripheral devices.
- Learn to identify computer software and compare the functions and features of common operating systems.
- Get to grips with setting up a basic workstation.
- Look at configuring network access.
- Learn how to create, navigate and manage files – including how to compress and extract.
- Understand how to create screen captures.
- Study the configuration and use of wireless devices.
- Understand the security of computing devices including identifying threats, best practice and secure web browsing.
- Look at environmental and safety concepts surrounding computer use.
- Learn to back up and restore data, manage software and implement basic support measures.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Begin your CompTIA accreditation journey.
- Gain IT skills and progress on to the higher level courses and exams if you wish.
- Prove your knowledge and gain an advantage when applying for entry level positions.
- Use your IT skills in a number of scenarios, both professionally and personally.
- No prerequisites for this course apart from basic Windows end-user skills.
- Visual cues throughout the material to aid learning.
- Choose to take the exam (not included) when ready.
- Study online at a time and place that’s convenient for you.
- Fit around your other work, study and home commitments.
- Technical support available if required.
- Practice activities to consolidate learning.
- Start studying straight away.
CompTIA IT Fundamentals is the only basic level exam in the CompTIA family. It covers a range of IT topics, from networking and cyber security essentials to hardware and software basics, and proves a solid understanding of the technology concepts and practices used by organisations. It’s a wise investment for those considering a career in IT and related positions that require an understanding of IT. It’s also the ideal starting point for individuals wishing to take further CompTIA exams of a Professional, Master and Speciality level.
The are 75 multiple choice questions on this 60 minute exam. Topics that may be tested will be of a foundation level and may include:
- Identifying and explaining computer components.
- Installing software.
- Establishing network connectivity.
- Preventing security risks.
- Introduction to course
- Identifying Computer Hardware
- Identifying Computer Software
- Setting Up a Basic Workstation
- Configuring Network Access
- Working with Files, Folders, and Applications
- Configuring and Using Wireless Devices
- Securing Computing Devices
- Supporting Computers and Users
- Mapping Course Content
- Lesson Labs and Solutions
- Glossary and Index
|Online Course with Exam|
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above