CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
Master the fundamentals of information systems security and build a career in the burgeoning IT security sector. Overseen by the Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISSCC), the Certified Information Systems Security Professional qualification is a globally recognised badge of excellence.
The CISSP course ensures that students acquire all the knowledge and skills they need to complete the certification exam and become a proven IT security expert. This course is best suited to:
- IT and network security professionals who need to improve their practical skills and attain a professional qualification.
- IT engineers and professionals who would like to specialise in IT security.
- IT consultants who want to be able to offer their clients a better service.
- Individuals who want to cross-train into a new career in IT security.
Using a series of instructor led videos and self-study manuals, the CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional course is delivered online using the learning platform. Course contents are available anyplace anytime, allowing participants to study whenever and wherever is most convenient, or to refer to them to help with challenges in their day-to-day jobs.
Learners can test their knowledge and understanding of each module as they progress using the supplied flash cards and educational games; there are also numerous scenarios in each module that students can replicate to improve their understanding. End of unit tests and quizzes ensure students have fully grasped the concepts behind information systems security before moving on to the next task. Students can discuss topics with other learners using the social networking facilities, adding another valuable learning tool by which to further improve knowledge and skills.
Key Learning Points
Over the course of ten modules students will be introduced to a number of security provisions that can be applied to protect enterprise class systems against cyberattack or negligence. Learners are taken through each concept and then given the opportunity to test their knowledge using a series of practical examples.
During the course students will cover:
- The principles of access control and how they can be strengthened and applied to keep unauthorised users out of a system.
- Telecommunications and network systems that need to be hardened to prevent data loss or theft.
- The role that information governance and risk management play in raising security standards, and how they need to be applied to corporate information systems.
- The importance of secure software architecture and design to help ensure that in-house systems protect data and resources.
- Using cryptography to protect data in transit and prevent unauthorised access of files without the correct encryption keys.
- Using security architecture and design principles to limit data access and potential angles of attack.
- Monitoring, auditing and improving operations security to keep systems secure at the point of access.
- Designing and implementing business continuity and disaster recovery plans to help re-establish operations as quickly as possible following a serious outage.
- Legal obligations of data security and obligations that must be fulfilled in the event of a criminal investigation.
- Physical and environmental security considerations, like preventing theft of computer hardware or potential fire risks.
Advantages of this course
Providing comprehensive study in each of the above fields, the CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional course, students will have everything they need, including hands-on practical experience, to pass the CISSP certification exam.
Upon completion of their studies, learners will benefit from:
- An in depth understanding of information systems security and the many aspects that need to be protected.
- Hands-on practical skills that will help security professionals overcome their network security challenges.
- The opportunity to sit the highly-regarded ISSCC CISSP certification exam.
- Improved job prospects and the opportunity to progress within the IT security sector.
The CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional course is a mandatory step towards attaining the ISSCC CISSP certification, and a great step towards mastering network security principles and techniques.
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Engineering
- Communication and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management
- Security Assessment Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above