CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional with Live Chat Tutor Support
Learn the essentials of information systems security and launch your career in the growing IT security sector. The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) qualification is a globally recognised badge of excellence overseen by the Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISSCC). It is a mandatory step towards attaining the ISSCC CISSP certification.
This online CISSP course will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to complete the certification exam and prove your IT security skills to potential employers. This programme is ideal for:
- IT and network security professionals who need to improve their practical skills and attain a professional qualification.
- IT engineers and professionals who would like to specialise in IT security.
- IT consultants who want to be able to offer their clients a better service.
- Individuals who want to start a new career in IT security.
This programme is delivered entirely online using a combination of instructor-led videos and self-study manuals. This enables you to access course content whenever and wherever is most convenient for you, so you can fit studying around your day-to-day life.
As you progress through the course, you can test your knowledge using flash cards and games, as well as end-of-unit tests and quizzes. This means you can ensure you have fully grasped the information learned in one module before progressing to the next.
You will also be able to discuss elements of the course with other learners using its social networking facilities, enabling you to exchange knowledge and advice.
This CISSP course will give you a thorough grounding in information systems security, so you can help protect organisations from cybercrime. It also includes live chat tutor support, which is available 24/7 to help you through your training. This is aided by complementary email support which allows our experts to provide in-depth answers to more complex questions.
The human element that LiveTutor provides is key to a true blended learning solution. It takes the inhuman and impersonal elements of online learning and brings them to life!
The mentoring option allows you to have a more structured and guided experience while you study. If the prospect of undertaking a self-taught online course is daunting for you, but you wish to retain the flexibility that can’t be offered by a classroom taught course, then the best option is the mentor programme.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Over the course of ten modules you will be introduced to a number of security provisions that can protect systems against cyberattack or negligence.
During the course you will cover:
- The principles of access control and how they can be strengthened and applied to keep unauthorised users out of a system.
- Telecommunications and network systems that need to be hardened to prevent data loss or theft.
- The role that information governance and risk management play in raising security standards, and how they need to be applied to corporate information systems.
- The importance of secure software architecture and design to help ensure that in-house systems protect data and resources.
- Using cryptography to protect data in transit and prevent unauthorised access of files without the correct encryption keys.
- Using security architecture and design principles to limit data access and potential angles of attack.
- Monitoring, auditing and improving operations security to keep systems secure at the point of access.
- Designing and implementing business continuity and disaster recovery plans to help re-establish operations as quickly as possible following a serious outage.
- Legal obligations of data security and obligations that must be fulfilled in the event of a criminal investigation.
- Physical and environmental security considerations, like preventing theft of computer hardware or potential fire risks.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
The CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional course is a mandatory step towards attaining the ISSCC CISSP certification.
Upon completion of your studies, you will benefit from:
- An in-depth understanding of information systems security and the many aspects that need to be protected.
- Hands-on practical skills that will help security professionals overcome their network security challenges.
- The opportunity to sit the highly-regarded ISSCC CISSP certification exam.
- Improved job prospects and the opportunity to progress within the IT security sector.
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Engineering
- Communication and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management
- Security Assessment Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above