MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012
Enhance knowledge, skills and employment prospects by becoming a fully-qualified Microsoft Server Infrastructure Solutions Expert. This course is essential preparation for IT professionals seeking to consolidate and quantify their experience, or to sit the MCSE Server Infrastructure exams.
The MCSE Server Infrastructure course is essential training for:
- System administrators and network engineers who need to sharpen their skills.
- Professionals who need to earn a globally-recognised qualification as part of their continuing professional development.
- Consultants who want to broaden their experience and the skills that they offer their clients.
- Individuals who want to cross-train for a high-level technical career in IT infrastructure.
Students completing the course can expect to gain a complete understanding of the Windows Server platform, from the basics of installing the operating system, to deployment and management across a multi-site, multi-domain network. Advanced topics show learners how to design and build a scalable, secure server infrastructure that uses the latest technologies to improve data availability improved business operations.
Using a blend of instructor led videos and interactive courseware, the five Microsoft-approved modules of the MCSE Server Infrastructure course are delivered online, making contents available anyplace anytime that it is needed. The learning platform also offers a built-in social networking tool allowing students to ask questions and share knowledge with other course students. End of section tests help students accurately assess their progress and readiness for the final MCSE exam process.
Key learning points
Initially students are introduced to the fundamentals of working with Microsoft Windows Server:
- Installing and configuring Server including basic hardware and user permissions configuration.
- Configuring key operating system services including file sharing, print serving and networking roles.
- Creating Active Directory user and computer objects and designing the Group Policy Objects (GPOs) required to manage every element of a Windows-based network.
- Using built-in security tools to restrict unauthorised access to data, applications and other key network resources.
Training then moves on to the skills needed by an IT professional to keep the Windows Server operating in peak condition:
- Simplifying server and patch deployment using images.
- Improving data security and access using Distributed File Systems (DFS), File Server Resource Manager (FSRM), and encrypting files and disks.
- Proactively monitoring and auditing servers to identify and resolve potential problems before they result in outages or downtime.
- Networking concepts including VPNs, Network Policy Server (NPS) and Network Access Protection (NAP).
- Managing the network infrastructure efficiently with Domain Controllers, service authentication, Active Directory, account policies and GPOs.
The third section of the course is a deep-dive into the advanced services required to maintain an enterprise-class IT environment. Students will learn:
- The benefits of using Network Load Balancing (NLB) and failover clustering for maximum resource availability.
- How to install and manage Windows Server in a Virtual Machine (VM) environment.
- Managing file storage and data backups, and designing effective disaster recovery plans.
- Advanced network management and segmentation techniques using DHCP, DNS, IPAM and Active Directory domains, forests trusts and sites.
- Securing enterprise network resources against unauthorised access using Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS), Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), and Active Directory Rights Management Services (ADRMS).
Students then learn about the integration of Windows Server into an established network, and building the infrastructure required to support IT operations:
- Performing successful server upgrades and migrations, and building the infrastructure required for rapid deployment of future-ready server resources.
- Building a robust and secure corporate network using Active Directory services and Group Policy Objects to restrict network access, share files and manage storage for authorised users.
- Design and maintain the networking infrastructure required to support enterprise-class IT demands including the use of domain infrastructure, name resolution, IP configuration and address management.
Finally the course concludes by consolidating the student’s existing level of knowledge and explaining the use of advanced Windows Server functions to further fine tune services. Topics studied include:
- Plan, build, deployment and management of virtual machines using System Center in a specially designed enterprise datacentre.
- Creating additional layers of network security using Information Rights Management (IRM), Identity Federation and Public Key Infrastructure.
- Designing a high-availability infrastructure and accompanying business continuity strategy that will help to reduce downtime in the event of a localised IT disaster.
Advantages of this course
The MCSE Server Infrastructure is an essential course for system administrators who need:
- Access to all the training and resources needed to prepare for the MCSA Windows Server exam, which will also lay the foundations for obtaining the MCSE Server Infrastructure qualification.
- Real-world skills to back up server installation and management theory using Microsoft-approved course materials.
- To install, configure and maintain Windows Server and advanced services for optimum performance and reliability.
- To master deployment, configuration and management of Active Directory and associated services.
- To construct, deploy, manage and extend an advanced Windows Server network and operating environment.
- To build a virtualised Server infrastructure that maximises datacentre resources and offers scope for cost-effective future business growth.
The MCSE Server Infrastructure course is essential for IT professionals who want to improve their server and network management and support skills, or to gain the knowledge and experience required to earn the MCSA and MCSE qualifications.
Microsoft 70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure Course Curriculum
Plan and Deploy Infrastructure
Planning and Implementing
Planning and Implementing Server Upgrade and Migration
Planning and Deploying Virtual Machine Manager Resources
Planning and Implementing File and Storage Services
Design and Implement Network infrastructure Services
Design And Maintain a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Solution
Design a Name Resolution Solution Strategy
Design and Manage an IP Address Management Solution
Design and Implement Network Access Services
Design a VPN Solution
Design a Direct Access Solution
Implement a Scalable Remote Access Solution
Design and Implement a Network Protection Solution
Design and Implement an Active Directory Infrastructure
Design a Forest and Domain Infrastructure
Implement a Forest and Domain Infrastructure
Design a Group Policy Strategy
Design an Active Directory Permission Model
Design and Implement an Active Directory Infrastructure (Physical)
Design an Active Directory Site Topology
Design a Domain Controller Strategy
Design and Implement s Branch Office Infrastructure
Learning Microsoft 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure Course Curriculum
Manage and Maintain a Server Infrastructure
Plan and Implement a Highly Available Enterprise Infrastructure
Plan and Implement a Server Virtualization Infrastructure
Design and Implement Identity and Access Solutions
Microsoft 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
Microsoft 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012
Microsoft 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above