Level 2 Ironing Diploma
Embark on a new career or boost your current business with this valuable qualification. Ironing is an in-demand professions and undertaking certified training can dramatically improve your earning potential. Whether you’re starting your own business or are looking to improve your employment skills, this course will prove invaluable.
Comprehensive and convenient
The course is broken down into 11 individual modules. Each one 30 minutes on average study, although you can spend as little or as much time on each module as you feel is necessary – simply log in and out of your course at your convenience. There is a five question test at the end of each module to recap what you have learned. The course covers topics including making a business plan, working from home, services and pricing, how to iron, marketing your business, registering your service and legal and tax issues.
The flexible nature of the course means you can learn at your own pace depending on other commitments. The nature of online learning enables you to study anytime, anywhere at your convenience.
Key Learning Points
Focus areas include:
- Introduction to ironing.Discover the reasons you should become an ironer, the advantages of running your own ironing business and how to set up your own business. Learn about the demand for professional ironing businesses and the type of service you might provide.
- Running your own business. Many people are attracted to running an ironing business because they can run it from home. Look at the pros and cons of home work and why it is a cost effective way of starting your business. Learn about the services that your clients might expect and how to price them accordingly.
- How to iron.Gain valuable knowledge on the type of equipment that you’ll need to start your business such as steam presses, rotary irons and ironing boards. Learn how to iron specific items perfectly and quickly, and how to iron different fabric types.
- Promoting your business.Learn how to advertise your business effectively and how to enhance customer satisfaction and gain repeat business. Choose a memorable name for your business and learn whether you need to register it and how to go about doing that. Learn how to register as self-employed and what types of records you need to do that, as well as what you need to know about income tax and national insurance.
Advantages of this course
- A detailed yet easy to understand course syllabus broken down into 11 manageable chunks that make learning easy
- Improve your career prospects with a verified certifiable qualification
- Complete the end of course test and receive a qualification and certificate
- Learn at your own pace and fully understand each module before moving on
- Take control of your career and enhance your prospects with this fantastic course. Sign up now and make a real investment in your future.
- Why you should become an Ironer
- The advantages of owning your own ironing business
- About the demand for ironing services
- How you can be up and running in no time at all
- Why research is vital before you start your business
- Why you must have a business plan before you begin
- What your business plan should include
- 5 options for raising the finance
- About the advantages of working from home
- How to avoid the pitfalls of working from home
- What you need to consider when working from home
- Why working from home is the most cost effective way of starting your business
- About the types of things you will iron
- Whether you should offer a drop-off and pick-up service
- Pricing options
- How much to charge
- Which iron you should use
- About the importance of getting the right ironing board
- About steam presses and rotory irons
- What disposables you will need
- How to iron a shirt
- How to iron trousers and other garments
- How to iron different fabric types
- How to be more speedy
- How to enhnace customer satisfaction
- How to gain repeat business
- How to exceed customer expectations
- Why the customer is always right
- About setting advertising goals
- Where you should advertise your ironing service
- How to advertise your ironing service
- What your adverts must include
- How to choose a memorable name
- Whether or not you need to register your business
- What you can and cant name your business
- Where you must display your business name
- Operating as a sole trader
- Registering as self-employed
- Keeping Records
- Income Tax and National Insurance
- Time management tips
- How to prevent fatigue when ironing
- The importance of ironing in odour-free environements
- About other services you can offer your customers
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above