As a parent, trusting someone to look after your children can be a very daunting concept. However, there are always going to be times when the need for a babysitter, or other caregiver, is required; for example, when work and home commitments clash, or when a social event just can’t be missed. This is where a confident, trustworthy and competent babysitter can be a lifesaver.
Build a Parent’s Trust
Being trusted to look after someone else’s children is a big deal, and while family, friends and older siblings are often the first port of call, there are many occasions when parents may need to expand their support network and hire a professional babysitter. Naturally, parents will want to meet and chat with a babysitter before they leave them in charge of their children, but this course that is aimed at Academic Level Award in Babysitting can be a huge benefit in building confidence – both for the babysitter and for the prospective parent employers. While much of a babysitter’s skill set will be achieved through hands-on experience, some fundamental knowledge is advisable, which is why this course can help to provide a solid base if you’re hoping to become a professional babysitter.
Earn Extra Income
No matter how old you are - whether you’re a school-leaver or someone a little more mature - babysitting can provide a source of extra income that can be earned around other jobs and commitments. Sign up for this course, gain essential knowledge, skills and confidence, and you’ll be well on your way to becoming your neighbourhood’s favourite babysitter!
Key Learning Points
Aimed at prospective babysitters of all ages, this course will help students to develop a basic understanding of the responsibilities of both parent and sitter, as well as of the importance of child safety, setting boundaries and continuity of care.
- Gain insight into the responsibility of parents when considering the employment of a babysitter to care for their children in their absence.
- Learn about the responsibilities of a babysitter, and how you should act when you are the person left in charge of a child’s care.
- Understand the need for confidentiality and privacy, and remaining professional at all times both within, and away from, the work environment.
- Get to grips with some of the issues and concerns that may arise as part of the babysitter role.
- Learn some of the basic stages of a child’s development, and recognise some of the care routines that you will be entrusted with when looking after children.
- Understand what to expect from the children that you are be responsible for, and how to handle good, and bad, behaviour effectively. Learn the value of bedtime stories, and how they can be enormously beneficial to a child.
Advantages of this course
- Online course delivery ensures you can study whenever it suits you. No deadlines mean no stress – work your way through the material whenever you like, alongside school, college or other commitments.
- Technical support is also available, should you need help at any point.
- Easy to navigate and clear course material makes your learning journey a breeze; only one module so no need to feel overwhelmed!
- Plenty of additional activities, including activity sheets, extra reading and videos, available to encourage the student to reflect on their learning journey and expand their knowledge even further.
- Self-assessment questions during the modules, to help you to monitor your progress and ensure the information has been absorbed.
- Multiple choice final assessment, with achievable pass rate.
- Give prospective employers peace of mind when considering you as a babysitter.
- Gain confidence in your own abilities when caring for someone else’s children.
- Earn extra income by doing something you enjoy!
Give parents a helping hand and provide them with a service that they can trust, by signing up to this babysitting course today!
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above