The internet is an amazing resource and facility that has changed modern day life, but there are dangers that come alongside the positives. The issue of online safety is one of the pitfalls of using the internet, and children are especially at risk, with many having unchecked internet access from a young age. This course introduces learners to the common risks and dangers, and equips them with a toolkit of strategies to keep young internet users safe.
Who is this course for?
This short course is ideal for parents, caregivers and professionals who work with children – teachers and youth workers, for example. For those hoping to develop a career working with young people, it’s a smart addition to a CV that’s sure to be noticed by potential employers.
How will I learn?
The ‘bite sized’ resources included in the e-Safety short course are perfect for dipping into when you have some spare time. These include website and video resources, activities and an internet safety checklist, alongside the e-safety lesson content. You can complete this course easily around your existing work and home commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Learn how to stay safe on the internet, and how to protect younger users, with this short course in e-Safety.
- Recognise the risks that come alongside the benefits to internet use.
- Learn about the dangers that children face online.
- Understand the importance of monitoring the online activity of children.
- Discover where you can report online concerns and risks.
- Study an internet safety checklist which suggests how internet use should be approached with different age groups.
- Learn essential internet terminology.
- Find out which organisations tackle which internet safety issues.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with understanding the dangers that the internet poses to children.
- Feel confident in correctly monitoring the internet activity of children in your care.
- Add a valuable skill to your CV if you’re in or looking for a professional role working with children.
- Utilise additional resources such as website and video tools to consolidate learning.
- Reflect on your learning with activities set to back up the course content.
- Study this short course when it suits you – material is available 24/7 for 12 months.
- Technical support is available if needed.
- An easy way to help protect younger internet users from online safety issues.
- Taking this short course could mean the difference between safe internet use and potentially dangerous internet use.
Ensure that the children in your care are protected from the dangers of the internet, with this important short course in e-Safety.
This CACHE endorsed learning programme is delivered by Laser Learning, our official partner.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above